Support with self-management of postoperative pain for patients after cardiac surgery
Conceptors: Martorella G., Côté J., Choinière M.
The tailored intervention was developped by Géraldine Martorella, RN, during her doctoral studies.
A pilot randomized control trial was conducted in 2010-2011.
- Canadian Pain Society’s Knowledge Translation Research Award (2011).
- Martorella, G., Côté, J., Racine, M., & Choinière, M. (2012) A Web-based nursing intervention for the self-management of pain after cardiac surgery: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 14(6), e177.
- Martorella, G., Côté, J., Choinière, M. (2013) SOULAGE-TAVIE: development and validation of a virtual nursing intervention to promote self-management of postoperative pain after cardiac surgery. Computers informatics Nursing, 31(4), 189-197.
- Martorella G., Céline Gélinas C. Purden M. (2014) Acceptability of a Web-Based and Tailored Intervention for the Self-Management of Pain After Cardiac Surgery: The Perception of Women and Men, Journal Medical Internet Research – Research Protocol, vol. 3, 4, e63, p.1-13.
- Martorella, G., Graven, L., Schluck, G., Bérubé, M., & Gélinas, C. (2018). Nurses’ Perception of a Tailored Web-Based Intervention for the Self-Management of Pain After Cardiac Surgery. SAGE Open Nursing. 4, 1-14.
- Quebec Interuniversity Nursing Intervention Research Group (GRIISIQ)
- Research Chair in Innovative Nursing Practices.